Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge #5...........

It's TUESDAY!!!! Yeah- here it is:
Which team are you on?
Undecided? You are Switzerland.
Like dogs? Jacob is for you.
Well.....we ALL know what TEAM I support!


Tonya had this in her post. I thought it was too funny not to share. (And admittedly true!)
So here is my take this week on the theme:


I found these papers at my LSS. They were in the fall section. Don't they just scream TWILIGHT? Then I went back and found them in black in the Halloween section. So of course I had to get those too! I am sure I will be using them soon! Maybe next Tuesday???
I has a lot of fun with this card. It came together really well. And I was happy with the mono color scheme.
Of course the BEST part was the stamp. If you remember I showed this to you earlier in the week. I am sure you have been drooling ever since! I know I have been! My Terrific friend Tonya sent it to me! So of course I had to return the favor and send her some little goodies too!
This is the back of the card. It was hard to get a good shot of the actual "glimmer" of this beautiful paper.......
I have found when I finish my TTIC- I am wanting more. (I feel like I am reading the books all over again!) So just for fun I made these earrings..........
Edward...............
I LOVE the quote on these..................
I was a little disappointed in the quality of the finished project. I may try making these again when I have more time. I used shrinky dinks. I ran them through the printer. (Maybe it was the fact that the printer ink never seemed to dry?) Cut them, punched them (don't forget this step), and then baked them. I think it would be fun to try and make some necklaces or bracelets??? Everyone I have given them to seems really happy- I am just so darn particular!

Make sure you check out what the rest of the design team did:

Beth

Tonya

And remember if you want to play along with us- here is the link.

Okay- so we all know...I am on team Edward.
Jacob IS funny:
"Sorry. I don’t have any leeches on my speed dial.” - Jacob Black
But so is Mike:
“Did you see the size of that Jacob kid? I think he could take Cullen down.” - Mike Newton
However......Edward is eloquent:
"I’ll be back so soon you won’t have time to miss me. Look after my heart — I’ve left it with you." - Edward Cullen
So as much as I like funny..... I choose eloquent Edward any day of the week!
And BTW- in case you were wondering.....my vampire can beat your werewolf!





11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE it all!!! The card turned out beautiful. Again, you are SO talented Eve...I wish some of that would rub off on me.

Lisa said...

Loved this post! I loved the card, I loved the top 10 and I LOVE Edward's eloquence...that is why we all sigh and swoon over him! Love the earrings too!!!!

Anonymous said...

WHOOT! I love it! That paper is gorgeous! How do you keep finding this spectacular stuff? I *never* see stuff like this at Michaels! I'm absolutely drooling over it! Your card is fab!!! I could just go on and on...and my post will be up in about 5 minutes!! And I DID go on and on!! Those earrings are just too cute..I have a laser printer so I'm going to try it out to see if the ink will dry better...i'll let you know.

Beth said...

Another awesome post! I agree - you have the best paper out there in CA!

I love my earrings & goodies, too! Thank you SO freakin' much! I completely intend to give proper gushing as soon as my camera surfaces!

Beautiful job!

PS - use a sanding block on your shrinky paper before you stamp or print on it. The finer the grit, the better. The ink won't sit on top of it as badly. :)

Eve said...

Thanks for the great tip Beth.
I will try that next time!
Kindly,
~Eve

Ann said...

LOVE this card! Gorgeous paper! :D

Tanya said...

Your card is beautiful!

Allison Rankin said...

That card is super cool...love the mix of caramel and black with the trees!

ellepaulette said...

WOW! Love the paper. Team edward so rocks!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Amazing! I love the tree card; stunning stamps and those earrings are wicked sweet! :O)

Ginny said...

I think it looks cool the way they the earrings turned out finished.

I Design For..........

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

cc Eve Fowler, 2008 Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Followers

Why do I blog?

I have never been one to keep a journal. I have never been able to write in a diary for more than a week! I have countless scrapbooks that still need to be journaled. I do this in hopes of becoming a better journalist. I do this to document everyday life. I do this so I don't have to scrapbook EVERY picture! I do this for me, our friends and family, & mostly the kids. One day they will have it all - because I took the time to document all the little things that REALLY do matter. Everyday life....all the little moments you & I can't remember because the memories are long gone.......