Friday, October 10, 2008

Organizing....

Here are some pictures to share how I organize/store some of my scrapbook/stamping items.
This is my "stamps" book. You can click the above picture to get a better look at the tabs and how I store the images. This takes a little bit of time to put together- but is so worth it in the end. You always know what stamps you have. And I find I use ALL my stamps- and don't buy repeats, since I can always see what I have.
Backgrounds............
Floral...............
Holidays..............
Sentiments.............
Okay- this one is really sloppy- but you get the point. It is for my stickle colors.
How I store my mini ink pads.........
How I store my stamps.........
All my punches................
All my ink pad colors..............
Another reason I do these color tabs- is colors do not always dry the same color as they look. Also a color may actually look different in a bottle or pad. Or the color used on the display is not really accurate.
I used a Q-tip to make these color swatches............

How I store my Sizzix Sizzlits.................
These are some of my dies.............
And some more...............
My alphabets...................
These really help when I am doing a project- so I can see the size and font. I cut them in the color of the dies- so I can locate them easily.
Hope this helps you get inspired!
My friends like to tease me- but really it saves me so much time and energy. And I find I use my product more- as I am more aware of what I have!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

This is one of the reasons why we love you so much, Eve! You are so organized that none of the rest of (slobs) have to be! ha ha :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! You ARE my new hero. *bows*

Kristen said...

wowzers...i am impressed...not necessarily by the organization...but by the sheer amount of stuff you have! you have to be a little ocd when you have this much STUFF! :) looking forward to tomorrow night...

Anne Davis said...

That looks like it took a while to put together. I'll have to get busy organizing my stuff now. You gave me some good ideas!

KeeponScrappin said...

WOW! Awesome job Eve.

Swedie said...

Wow! That is organized! It is much easier if you start early in your crafting and organize as you go... than to try to catch up when you have a lot of stuff already.

Swedie

Tanya said...

Nice! I have helped my mom work on her 'stamp book' but I never thought about all the other items! Great job- btw!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You are so organized girl!! It looks like too much work to put together for me...but I bet it's worth it!! :) TFS your tips!!

I Design For..........

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

cc Eve Fowler, 2008 Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Followers

Why do I blog?

I have never been one to keep a journal. I have never been able to write in a diary for more than a week! I have countless scrapbooks that still need to be journaled. I do this in hopes of becoming a better journalist. I do this to document everyday life. I do this so I don't have to scrapbook EVERY picture! I do this for me, our friends and family, & mostly the kids. One day they will have it all - because I took the time to document all the little things that REALLY do matter. Everyday life....all the little moments you & I can't remember because the memories are long gone.......