Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Goodies For Teachers & Cookie Tip................



So again....if you did not read the other posts- Halloween is my favorite. So of course I had to make some goodies for the kids teachers.
Alissa made these little "snugs" to fit around the yummy Starbucks chocolate! She did ALL the work herself! I think they turned out really cute! She had to make about 20 of the stamp images- so she could pick the ones she liked best! (I don't know where she gets that from?) Haha

These are little pizza boxes that I made to go with the chocolate. I found the template at SCS. Jen del Muro made it. Click here if you would like the template. They are very simple and fun to make!

I put a bag of yummy cocoa inside................



Okay now for the TIP..........
I usually make my cookies from scratch- however the kids LOVE these holiday pre-made cookies!
Did you know you can slice them in half to make 2 cookies out of the one? They come out a little smaller, and you cook them a little less. They are perfect for taking to school to share. You figure with all the treats coming in- this cookie is perfect! Just a little bite for each child. Not a FULL sugar cookie. So I took 2 packs (24 count each) sliced them all in half and made 96 mini cookies! That allows Jacob to take 20 + to his class, 20 + for Logan, and 32 + for Alissa's class. And leaves some leftovers for my kids too! They actually turn out to be about the size of a silver dollar! Give it a try!

Have a SAFE and HAPPY Halloween!


8 comments:

Ann said...

Super cute projects! I'm sure they'll be a hit! :D

Raimi said...

Great job Alissa! I bet your teachers loved their gifts!

Anonymous said...

These are super, super, super FAB!! OME!! Too flippin cool, Eve!!

Theresa Momber said...

Fantastic Halloween treat projects! Great tip, too!

Allison Rankin said...

I wish I was one of these teachers...what great ideas that I will have to snitch for Christmas!

Brigitta said...

wow, I really had some catching up to do, but it was well worth it ;-)
I won't be using the prima-album for the Jessica Sprague class, I've cut some chipboard for that myself and hope to find some time today to make them into nice covers. Still have to go out for the cardstock, hmm I better write that down on my "to do" list, or I'll forget about it.
Have a nice sunday.
Hugs from The Nehterlands

Sherri said...

So cute - and Starbucks bars even - mmmm!

Elena said...

Great projects! Love the pizza boxes! So cute!

I Design For..........

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

cc Eve Fowler, 2008 Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Followers

Why do I blog?

I have never been one to keep a journal. I have never been able to write in a diary for more than a week! I have countless scrapbooks that still need to be journaled. I do this in hopes of becoming a better journalist. I do this to document everyday life. I do this so I don't have to scrapbook EVERY picture! I do this for me, our friends and family, & mostly the kids. One day they will have it all - because I took the time to document all the little things that REALLY do matter. Everyday life....all the little moments you & I can't remember because the memories are long gone.......