Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge #4........

Okay here it is....................you are gonna LOVE this week.............


Alice.............
Who does not LOVE Alice?????






I feel Alice is all about two things: Family & Fashion. So here is my submissions for Alice:
I just happen to come across this laser cut ribbon......it is from a kit a bought years ago!

Eyelet & ribbon "ties" in the corner......

So of course for Alice I had to make a purse. I found this adorable pattern for this purse at Mel's wonderful blog. And if you REALLY like purses click here she has 144!!! (and counting!!!!) purse templates & tutorials. WOW!
Now I have to give a shout out to my friend Denise- who I finally got to read these books. You see, I was a little worried- as Denise tends to be a bit of a book-snob. (She is the first to admit that!) Anyhow, I kept thinking "what if she does not like it", etc. Well maybe a day later I get a frantic call from her (she might have even been panting!) "I need the next book, I am on my way to your house, you have it right?, I need it, just give me all 4, okay I am on my way, I will be there in 4 minutes". So I rushed to put them all in a bag- she pulls into my drive, jumps out grabs the bag, promises to not start the second while she is driving, and off she goes!
Craziness I tell you!
So the real reason I am telling you all this- is when I started this challenge I called Denise frantic! She belongs to Club Scrap and has the most beautiful paper kits. I totally remembered this kit. (Red Velvet and all!) I did not even finish my sentence before she said "oh I know the perfect paper for that". She put a bunch of yummy- delicious paper together for me and this is just some of it! I wish you could feel it. It has the best texture. The red on the handle of the purse is soft and smooth like no other paper you have felt.
Anyways if you want to go check the club out more click here.
The name of the kit is: A study in red

I stitched the handle even......
Totally FASHION like Alice..............
Of course I could not stop with just ONE purse. Oh-no Alice would have at least two to choose from right?
Don't you just adore this "Sweet Little Purse"? This one is from a tutorial from my friend Tonya at Stamp Happens. Check it out here!
Tonya gives the BEST directions. It actually is easier than it looks- and did not take me much time to put together!
Of course it had to have an APPLE.
And of course that apple had to have STICKLES!
Are they not the cutest purses? Don't you wish they really made these?

Okay Favorite Alice Quotes:

"He's just the tiniest bit prone to overreaction." -Alice Cullen

"How opposed are you to grand theft auto?"-Alice Cullen


"...and speaking of Italy and the sports cars I stole there, you still owe me a yellow Porsche." -Alice Cullen

Okay- I could go on and on with Alice. I just love her witty little sense of humor.

And BTW if you want to play along with this awesome challenge click here for all the details!
Here is ALL the details.
Make sure to check out the rest of the design team:
Beth
Tonya
Fantastic ladies with fantastic creations!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You absolutely, totally, completely ROCKED THIS!!! I LOVE your purses!!! And here's the name for what happens when you read Twilight...CRACKLITERATURE that is what it is!! Then, OF COURSE, you have to get the rest!! It's CRACKLIT!! We're all jonesing for more. Love that paper...going to take a look.

Lisa said...

Love the purses! And the Card!!! I think the colors are great -- dark like vampires, but chic like Alice! Way to go, Eve! Very nice....

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

WOAH! These are absolutely amazing! I love the colours and that paper sounds scrumptious. Makes me want to pet it! Your sewing on the handle and all of your details are stunning! I really DO wish they really made purses like these. I'd carry these ones around if it wouldn't rish damaging 'em! (Sounds like I have to get those books. Book budget is nil tho' Spent it all on stamping supplies, LOL) :O)= <--Stampire ;O)

Tanya said...

haha, you crack me up!
Love the purses and the card! black, red and sparkly...how could you top that?!

Beth said...

These are frickin' AWESOME, Eve!!! Absolutely awesome... rocked it indeed! :)

Tami said...

I LOVE this one. OMG, they are so fantastic!!!!!

ellepaulette said...

OME! What an awesome card and I love those purses!

You did such a great job capturing Alice with these!

Julie said...

OME, OME!!! These are so adorable, clever, and so WELL MADE!! Gorgeous! And Tonya -- props to you for the original tutorial that Eve mentioned. Everyone is just so talented, it's a joy to behold!

And even though I only read the books for the first time in August, reading that story about your friend makes me wish I could read them for the first time again! I was crazy -- up til the wee hours of the night reading, and driving like a maniac (or like a Cullen!) to the bookstore for the next book...sigh...those were the days! :)

Back to the challenge -- as Tonya said, you totally rocked this!!

Allison Rankin said...

Wow...love the drama of your creations! Black and red are cool (esp. on those purses!).

Unknown said...

I loved the Twilight books, and believe me I'm no 'young adult.' I enjoy reading almost anything but the fun thing with these books is that I shared them with my daughter and sister. We'd read a chapter, pick up the phone and compare notes. It was just plain fun.

tomiannie said...

Such fun projects! I love the Twilight Challenge -- I'm totally going to try to join in!

Enfys said...

These little purses are both fantastic, I love the design, papers you used - well, everything. Great job.

I Design For..........

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

cc Eve Fowler, 2008 Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Followers

Why do I blog?

I have never been one to keep a journal. I have never been able to write in a diary for more than a week! I have countless scrapbooks that still need to be journaled. I do this in hopes of becoming a better journalist. I do this to document everyday life. I do this so I don't have to scrapbook EVERY picture! I do this for me, our friends and family, & mostly the kids. One day they will have it all - because I took the time to document all the little things that REALLY do matter. Everyday life....all the little moments you & I can't remember because the memories are long gone.......