Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge #12...........


This week the lovely Julie got to pick our theme. She chose having us use a quote from Twilight - and working it into our design this week. What a great idea!

You might be asking yourself right now - what do prunes and Twilight have in common?
Well......I am all about re-use, recycle, etc. And when it works into my crafting, even better!
So I took the above. Yes we actually do eat those! Alissa LOVES them!
And I turned it into the below:

Yep- that is right....a pen holder. Or it could really hold anything you want it to hold!
My BFF Debby is a librarian at a local Middle School. She actually came up with the idea of having a Twilight lunch bunch. She asked me if I would be willing to make up and donate some prizes?
Of course!!! So this is one of the prizes that I came up with.

Here is my quote (and what it says above) -

"You compare one small tree to an entire forest."

Perfect huh?

Here is what the rest of the design team did. Make sure you go check out their weekly projects too!




And remember if you want to play along with us- here is the link.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this is sooooo cool! I love altered items and this is perfect!

Unknown said...

Love the tree in the very dark setting. One can almost see the vampires and werewolves in the shadows!!! Scary huh??? Nah, we're talking Twilight, the vampires and werewolves that we want to be there.Those red apples are beautiful, they really POP on the black. I saw a pic yesterday that had Bella holding a red shiny Christmas bulb.

Jen Shults said...

Oh, that is just ingenious Eve! I love it! And I love that quote. Man, there are so many good lines from these books.

ellepaulette said...

Love the pen holder. So awesome! You did a wonderful job on this. I love to reuse and recycle things like this.

Tanya said...

Very cool! Love the sparkliness!

Lisa Olson said...

Wow!! this looks like a very Twilight inspired creation, its just fab. Thanks for visiting my blog. R U a member of the Paper Craft Planet? There is a link on my blog its a greatfun place you could set up a twilight group.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love altered items! I love the trees - it's perfectly matched with your quote! Great job ;)

Julie said...

Oh, Eve! You continually stun me with your creations, and with your incredibly clever ideas! I absolutely love this -- LOVE the way you tied in the quote. Awesome job. As always!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Wow! Very clever and so twilighty. You have the best ideas.

Anonymous said...

How cool is this!! I love this!!! So creative! Everything you do is always so perfect. SIGH.

thriftmau said...

I love seeing re-purposed items and what a great TTIC creation. I'm sure the students in the library loved it. TFS

Anonymous said...

Tkank you Eve [again] for donating your beautiful creation to my Twilight Lunch Bunch. The student who won the prize still talks about it and uses it. She's a little intimidated to bring it to school (for fear that it might disappear). She adores the prize and cherishes it as much as we all do. You Rock!

I Design For..........

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

cc Eve Fowler, 2008 Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Followers

Why do I blog?

I have never been one to keep a journal. I have never been able to write in a diary for more than a week! I have countless scrapbooks that still need to be journaled. I do this in hopes of becoming a better journalist. I do this to document everyday life. I do this so I don't have to scrapbook EVERY picture! I do this for me, our friends and family, & mostly the kids. One day they will have it all - because I took the time to document all the little things that REALLY do matter. Everyday life....all the little moments you & I can't remember because the memories are long gone.......

Blog Archive