Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge #6..........

It is Tuesday! Yeah..................... Can you guess what the theme is this week????






RAIN
Here is my take on it:


The top sheet is clear contact paper. I folded a 6x12 piece in half sticking the two sticky sides together. I will admit it took a few tries to get it right! It is a clear laminate that is actually a Creating Keepsakes approved product! I got it at Walmart in the contact paper isle.
I attached the Little Yellow Bicycle jewel brads (I cut the backs off) with glue dots.
Lifting up the clear sheet......................

And because one project just does not seem to cut it for me anymore....here is another card I came up with.............



I really like this velvet scalloped ribbon I added to the bottom!
And this is a close up of the pin art I did on the stamped image...................

Make sure you check out what the rest of the design team did:

Beth

Tonya

And remember if you want to play along with us- here is the link.


I have loaned out ALL 4 of my books- so I am unable to look up any quotes this week!
However, I did find some that pertain to rain. Personally I think that RAIN gets a bad rap. I like the rain myself. And California rain is pretty mild. So until you have lived in Washington (I have) don't complain about the rain!

Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby. ~Langston Hughes

The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Many a man curses the rain that falls upon his head, and knows not that it brings abundance to drive away the hunger. ~Saint Basil

A rainy day is the perfect time for a walk in the woods. ~Rachel Carson

Tell me how many beads there are
In a silver chain
Of evening rain,
Unravelled from the tumbling main...
~Thomas Lovell Beddoes

Rain showers my spirit
and waters my soul.
~Emily Logan Decens

The best kind of rain, of course, is a cozy rain. This is the kind the anonymous medieval poet makes me remember, the rain that falls on a day when you'd just as soon stay in bed a little longer, write letters or read a good book by the fire, take early tea with hot scones and jam and look out the streaked window with complacency. ~Susan Allen Toth, England For All Seasons

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm almost speechless. I REALLY like both of your projects. I want to know how you did the words "Rain". This is simply stunning. You rocked it for sure. I'm updating links now. My post will be up in about 10 minutes.

Elena said...

Wow! Gorgeous cards! Love your rain drops! Very creative idea with a clear sheet!
I love rain when it is a sunny day, and then you can see rainbow on the sky!

Lisa said...

Loved the cards! And since it's been raining here in the Seattle area....very appropriate!

Beth said...

Awesome job(s)! I love the acetate card - such great colors and composition. Why would I expect anything less? You rock.

Your 2nd card would make a great 6x6 or 8x8 layout - except it would be a shame to cover the beautiful flourish in the middle. Fantastic submissions. Great job, as always!!! :)

Ann said...

Wowza! Love the clear overlay and the raindrop gems! Gorgeous! :D

Tanya said...

Wow! As always, I LOVE your cards!!! Both are sooo pretty! Love your details!
And I agree on the rain! This entire year whenever its rained its been cold too, but I used to go run and dance in the rain.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Such incredible details. It does really feel like rain. Apparently the Twilight series is good for the creative side of your brain 'cause this ROCKs! :-D

Julie said...

Sooo beautiful! All of your details are just amazing -- what great work you do! I agree with mel m. m. mccarthy, who said that the Twilight series inspires some awesome creativity! Whoohoo!

ellepaulette said...

You are so good at this! I am so loving what you made!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

This is such awesome cards! I love the way you made the word "Rain". I was drooling over your card on SCS...
Thanx for the sweet comment! :)
xoxo, margie

I Design For..........

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

cc Eve Fowler, 2008 Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Followers

Why do I blog?

I have never been one to keep a journal. I have never been able to write in a diary for more than a week! I have countless scrapbooks that still need to be journaled. I do this in hopes of becoming a better journalist. I do this to document everyday life. I do this so I don't have to scrapbook EVERY picture! I do this for me, our friends and family, & mostly the kids. One day they will have it all - because I took the time to document all the little things that REALLY do matter. Everyday life....all the little moments you & I can't remember because the memories are long gone.......