Friday, November 7, 2008

Fall Feast..................................

This is what I did yesterday...............


Alissa's teacher does a FEAST every year in his class. He got us room mom's together and said it is a big deal. turkeys, hams, food, food, food! And lots of people!
Lisa , Anne and I (room mom's) have been busy planning the feast these last few weeks! Over 80 people turned up for the event! It was wonderful- lots of great food, getting to know the parents, and lots of proud kids!
Here is Mr. Knox bringing the kids in for the FEAST!Everyone feasting..............
My partners in crime...................
Lisa!
And Anne!
(Sweet Anne cooked TWO turkeys for the class!!!!)





Turkey craft Logan made in art club..............
(Had to throw it in- cause it is sooo stinkin' cute!)

Pilgrim hats I made for the Feast.............

You can make them too:
1 cup vanilla frosting
7 drops yellow food coloring
32 miniature peanut butter cups
1 package fudge- stripped cookies
32 pieces orange mini Chiclets gum (I could not find- so I used Orange tic-tacs!)

Mix food coloring into frosting. Remove paper liners from PB cups. Dip top of PB cup into frosting. Position over the bottom of the cookie - push down forming hatband of Pilgrims hat.
And the gum to make the buckle of the hat!
Should make 32 cookies!

These are the thank you cards I made to thank to local business establishments that kindly donated one ham and one turkey! I am having the kids all sign them!


It was a great time! We had lots of parent & student help- so it went very smoothly!!!!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Super cute! It's great that he does that with the whole class AND families! And that the school lets him! Wow!

Love the pilgrim hats! Will have to do that with the kids for our neighbors this year! Super easy!!

Anonymous said...

WHERE do I start??? OME!! He sounds like such a wonderful teacher! What an awesome tradition to bring the families of the class together!! Your pilgrim hats!! Holy crow!! I LOVE that! I may have to do some for my daughter's enrichment class! Your cards! Those are too flippin' cute!!! I LOVE it all!!

Ann said...

Ohhhh, I LOVE that card! Super cute! And those pilgrim hats are adorable little treats! :D

Tanya said...

What a great thing to do!

Love the cards you made! They look great, and festive too!

Lisa Dones said...

Wow! You are super Mom!!! Everything looked great!

Karen said...

What cute cookies!! I can not wait to try them. Looking forward to seeing you at the Greentangerine on the Nov 28.

Elena said...

What a great event! Alissa has wonderful teacher!
Precious thank you cards you made!

Anonymous said...

wow, sounds like everyone had lots of fun and lots of food. Awesome teacher to do this!

Debi Gold said...

One of the very few things I miss about the preschool I used to work for was the Feast we had the week before Thanksgiving...thanks for giving us a peek into your Feast! (Typed as she also plans her Chanukah teacher gifts!)

Lisa said...

Ok, I LOVE the pilgrim hats. We made them Wednesday night before Thanksgiving. It took me and the kids 15 minutes to do these and then we handed most of them out to the neighborhood. I will definitely do this again! Maybe I can find an "Indian" headdress or something between now and next Thanksgiving to go with it!

I Design For..........

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

cc Eve Fowler, 2008 Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Followers

Why do I blog?

I have never been one to keep a journal. I have never been able to write in a diary for more than a week! I have countless scrapbooks that still need to be journaled. I do this in hopes of becoming a better journalist. I do this to document everyday life. I do this so I don't have to scrapbook EVERY picture! I do this for me, our friends and family, & mostly the kids. One day they will have it all - because I took the time to document all the little things that REALLY do matter. Everyday life....all the little moments you & I can't remember because the memories are long gone.......