Sunday, July 6, 2008

If You Like Green Enchiladas....

3 cups shredded or cubed cooked chicken
1 cup sour cream
1 bushel fresh cilantro
1 can (4.5oz) chopped green chilies
3 cups Jalapeno Jack cheese grated
2 TBSP garlic powder
Juice of 2 limes
1 TSP cumin
1 package (12 flour- more if you use corn) flour OR corn tortillas
1 cup green onion chopped
1 can (28oz) Green Enchilada sauce
1 can (7oz) Green Salsa Verde

Grease 10x13 pan. In bowl mix below:
Chicken, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 of the cilantro, can of chilies, 1/2 of the cheese (save other half for topping), spices, and green onions. Set aside.
In blender puree the following:
Enchilada sauce, lime juice, 1/2 cup sour cream, other half of cilantro, and salsa Verde.
Spread 1 cup of sauce over the bottom of your pan.
Warm tortillas to fill with above mixture. About 1/4 cup each. Fill the pan with enchiladas.
Cover with remaining sauce.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Sprinkle remaining cheese on top- continue baking for another 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. You may broil 2-3 minutes to brown top.
* You may also cover and refrigerate prior to putting remaining sauce and cheese on top if you would like to save for next day!
Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

I Design For..........

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

cc Eve Fowler, 2008 Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Followers

Why do I blog?

I have never been one to keep a journal. I have never been able to write in a diary for more than a week! I have countless scrapbooks that still need to be journaled. I do this in hopes of becoming a better journalist. I do this to document everyday life. I do this so I don't have to scrapbook EVERY picture! I do this for me, our friends and family, & mostly the kids. One day they will have it all - because I took the time to document all the little things that REALLY do matter. Everyday life....all the little moments you & I can't remember because the memories are long gone.......