Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cheeseburger Soup...........


CHEESEBURGER SOUP (MAKES ABOUT 10-12 CUPS)

BROWN and Saute:::
1-2 pounds ground beef
1 large white onion (diced)
1 1/2 cups celery, diced (If you don't care for celery- you may use corn. Add at end)


ADD::::::
3-----14 oz. cans chicken broth
7 large carrots, diced (or even just chopped small)
5 large potatoes, peeled and diced (or even just chopped small)
Cook until tender over med-hi heat.


THEN:::::
Make a paste of
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
Mix a little flour with a little milk and then add the rest of the milk...



ADD TO THE SOUP:::::
1/2 tsp. basil (dried ok)
1 tsp. parsley (dried ok)
16 slices of Kraft Cheese Slices (cut into cubes and then added to the soup-----these will melt and the soup will begin to look like a potato soup----just tastes wonderful)
{*You could add the corn now if you chose to use it}

Simmer this for 5 minutes until thick....

This is my friend Vicki's Aunt Tammy's recipe! Thank you to both for letting me post. This is a yummy home style soup. My kids will eat it too! Vicki got me to try it- and I am glad she did!
Enjoy!

No comments:

I Design For..........

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

cc Eve Fowler, 2008 Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Followers

Why do I blog?

I have never been one to keep a journal. I have never been able to write in a diary for more than a week! I have countless scrapbooks that still need to be journaled. I do this in hopes of becoming a better journalist. I do this to document everyday life. I do this so I don't have to scrapbook EVERY picture! I do this for me, our friends and family, & mostly the kids. One day they will have it all - because I took the time to document all the little things that REALLY do matter. Everyday life....all the little moments you & I can't remember because the memories are long gone.......