Monday, August 10, 2009

Back to School………

Remember this movie.........?

Well my kids are BACK TO SCHOOL today! Say it with me…..

B-A-C-K T-O S-C-H-O-O-L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st, 3rd, and 5th. First time in 9 years that I will have all of them on the same schedule! And for some reason as I sit here Sunday night and type this out they are getting along beautifully- even though they had their MANY moments over the summer. I am left thinking….what the heck gives? Why were they not this good all summer?

Anyways…I saw this cute idea in the Splitcoaststampers newsletter for ideas for back to school teachers gifts. Do any of you remember the scene where Tom Hanks tells Meg Ryan how he would send her a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils? Well that is what my kids three teachers are getting. Although I made them SO sharp that I will have to carry them up to the classrooms! My hubby said they are a bouquet of daggers and I should really turn them around the other way because someone is going to get hurt. Doesn’t he get it? Injury or not it would totally ruin my presentation……..

IMG_9865

I got the tins at Michaels…….

IMG_9870

Rocks pencils, and floral foam at the dollar store…….

IMG_9869 I hand stamped out the tags……….

IMG_9920

This was super easy to put together for the teachers. I hope they enjoy them. I figure they will always have a dagger…I mean pencil ready to use on their desks!

9 comments:

Tanya said...

Ohhh!! That is stinkin cute! I bet they will love them! You are really clever!!!
PS...its actually a line from You've Got Mail. :D

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

How very cool! Love this idea!
TFS :*)

Debby said...

Cool gift...!!!
Darn it...I was just down the hill and would have loved to have picked up the supplies to make that for the boys teachers this week. I still have time...

Lisa Dones said...

Darling idea!! My youngest starts middle school ;0( so my days of teacher gifts are over! a simple card and gift card during the holidays maybe.....

Kristen said...

Cute idea friend! I've got 6 days to figure it all out. More than likely they'll just get big hugs from me and the boys as they take my crazies off my hands for a few hours!

Holli said...

So cute Eve! Enjoy your free time.... I bet you can't wait huh? All that ME time! ;)

Gina Lindsay said...

That is absolutely adorable, thanks for sharing the idea!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love the bouquet of daggers! What a cool idea! Your cleverness (is that a word?) astounds me.

This past Friday was my 3rd grader's first day of school and I've been running around crazy busy for some reason. Yesterday was my Kindergartener's first day. She's on a staggered start and will go 2 days this week, 3 days next week and then everyday. She will go from 7:30-2:30 just like my 3rd grader. I love that they are on the same schedule.

What I don't love is that I can't sleep until 9:30 anymore! I was ready for bed at 7:30 last night--from only 2 days of having to get up early!LOL

Unknown said...

Oh this is so cool Eve..I LOVE this idea...Unfortunately my kids would poke their eyes, fingers, and what ever unlikely spot they could find..lol! Xx

I Design For..........

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

cc Eve Fowler, 2008 Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Followers

Why do I blog?

I have never been one to keep a journal. I have never been able to write in a diary for more than a week! I have countless scrapbooks that still need to be journaled. I do this in hopes of becoming a better journalist. I do this to document everyday life. I do this so I don't have to scrapbook EVERY picture! I do this for me, our friends and family, & mostly the kids. One day they will have it all - because I took the time to document all the little things that REALLY do matter. Everyday life....all the little moments you & I can't remember because the memories are long gone.......